TVA / VAT - French Value Added Tax
As a French company Sea Design sarl all purchases made from us are subject to French TVA / VAT (Value Added Tax). This is at present (August 2017) set at 20%.
French TVA (VAT) at 20% is applicable for :
- all French clients if the delivery is to a French address/French port if the EU client is non-commercial (e.g. a private yacht or person) without a valid EU VAT Number.
French TVA (VAT) is NOT applicale for :
- • EU clients commercially registered with a valid European intracommunity VAT number. The Buyer must provide this VAT number If a commercial yacht, in addition to the EU VAT number, the Buyer also need to provide a copy of :
- - their Certificate of Registry (COR)
- - a recent crew list ;
- - a recent charter agreement
- • Client is registered in one of the EU Member exemption territories.
- • Client is registered outside the EU (e.g. Australia, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, USA
If your company or yacht is subject to no TVA / VAT the above documents must, without exception, be sent to us.